8/24/10

Sick


     I walk over to my mom’s room. Right before I go in, I make my face look as if I was sick. I look at my mom, and tell her my symptoms- stomachache, headache, pain in the chest, and that I couldn’t swallow. Then she said the magic words that I hoped she would say- “You’re not going to school tomorrow”.

     The next morning I would wake up with my mom right next to me. She gave me an antibiotic pill; I swallowed it. After 20 minutes, I ran to the bathroom. Suddenly all of the symptoms that I had told my mom had been attacking me; but worse. When it was over, I go to my mom and tell her the truth; the truth about me acting like I was sick to avoid school. I can tell she got very angry. She told me that I could have died for lying like that. That day changed my life. Now I know that the next time I act like I’m sick, it could cost me my life….

No comments:

Post a Comment