8/12/10

What I Hope Will Happen This Year

There’s an unread, ignored, and forgotten book on my bed;
waiting to be read.
This year I hope
to be more of a book worm. Get back
to the books that were left behind,
those that were half-way finished,
undone
or those that weren’t even read
at all…

A PS3 controller
was lying on my desk;
always played with
and never taking a rest.
This year
I plan to leave my PS3 controller behind,
and be introduced
to the real world.
Start to play more sports
that aren’t in the virtual world,
use the bicycle
that hasn’t been admired in years,
and, to get a breath of fresh air.

The six-stringed instrument
was in my closet;
untouched,
unplayed.
Its melody,
not being able to touch
other people’s hearts.
This year
I plan to play the guitar more.
I’m going to release the melody
that’s trapped within the guitar
and make it shine
above
the other instruments.

Nutritious snacks
were on the table,
calling
for my attention.
Instead,
I ignored it
and gave my complete attention
to junk food.
This year, I plan to devour
healthy foods
and ignore
junk food;
like it was meant to be.

For years now,
people have made remarks
over my uncut,
untrimmed,
and unshaved mustache.
This year,
I plan on shaving my mustache completely.
Only then,
the remarks will stop.

2 comments:

  1. It seems good, you have your ideas clearly placed, and your goals set.
    Yet you need to learn the magical art of
    LINE
    BREAKS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem was simple, but good... You do have to insert more meaningful line breaks, because there were other parts you could have put them...

    ReplyDelete