8/30/10

Victim's/ Hostage's Point of View

     It’s been six hours now; six hours of being held as a hostage. The suspect was clad with many clothing articles to disguise his appearance; most importantly, his grimace look that I simulated in my mind. He seemed to be very gingerly because of the many cops that surround the shop. It was taking too long for the cops to storm in and save the day. I knew that sooner than later, I would have to do something about this madman. I take a cursory inventory of what can create an abrasion gruesome enough to make him unable to move when I hit him. The only thing I could see was a plastic sword for kids…



     Now, I don’t know if that’s going to pierce his skin; but from my experience, it could be VERY painful if hit with enough of force, and it was the closest thing next to me; all of the lethal things were next to him-kitchen knives, forks, etc. Now I hope for a distraction, a type of distraction that may make him look away from me. Then, there’s an explosion at the back door. He immediately gets up and run towards me. By the time the cops made their way to us, he had a gun right next to my head. Finally, there was another explosion at the front door; but we were already expecting that from TV shows and movies.


     Then he knew that he was outnumbered. He tilts his head up, and sees how many cops there really are. One of the cops sees that he got distracted, and reacts instantaneously. He shoots the suspect in the leg. But unfortunately, you know how the phrase, if I go down, you go down with me. So he made an endeavor to shoot me on the chest. I felt my blood dehydrate my body. I knew that my life had succumbed; but I surmised that him holding me as hostage, and him shooting me would corroborate enough to put him at least ten years in jail. I close my eyes and see pitch black. All of the sudden I feel an electrifying feeling, feeling that made me open my eyes. I see the ceiling; I turn around and see two cops with defibrillator.

No comments:

Post a Comment