9/27/10

Memoir Monday-Charging Your Mind

     I walk in Mrs. Brown’s- woops, sorry. Mrs. Meadows room. So it’s a typical morning, and everything seemed to go all right. I here Mrs. Meadows say: “Okay, comparative analysis.” I take my laptop and open it. As usual, Nicholas makes a face to the noises my computer makes- turning on, logging in, successfully logging in, and last but not least, Skype. I open my document, and then Matthew suddenly asks for my laptop. He was holding a USB, so I knew it was because of two reasons:
1.       He needs to print something
2.       He needs to revise something.
     Since I don’t have a portable printer (ruin our lives) I guess he needs to revise. I gave him my laptop for about 20 minutes. Then oh shit, forgot to change the battery plan from high performance, to power saver. So when I got my laptop back, the battery was from 80%, now down to a 34%. Okay, so it might last. After 30 minutes (I think it was 9:28) Mrs. Meadows asks me to read my comparative analysis. I’m sure everyone knows this by now, I hate reading out loud; especially if the work is done by me. So while I was praying for some miracle to happen, I read my topic sentence. About halfway of reading it, my laptop just went black. Laptop has officially gone to forced stand-by and won’t turn on until I put the charger in. After explaining what just happened, I hear Mrs. Meadows words reverberate in my ears: “Bring a charger!” Then I hear the words that I had hoped for: “Time is up”. And I had Matthew to thank for that. So after that day, I learnt that bringing your charger helps your laptop stay alive for the rest of the day, even if it means saving your life by not reading out loud in class. J

No comments:

Post a Comment